You've now purchased your dream wallpaper and are ready for installation! Here's what you need to get yourself started:
- Your wallpaper
- A damp sponge or cloth
- Tape Measure
- Razor knife
- Ruler or Straight Edge
- Smoothing Squeegee
Once you have all these, you're ready to go! To see the installation steps in video format, click here.
- Remove fixtures from the wall or surface you plan to apply wallpaper to. Using warm water only, wipe with a damp sponge to prepare the wall. Allow your wall to fully dry before Step 2 otherwise the wallpaper will have a hard time sticking. Do not use chemical cleaners or soap to prepare your walls.
- Create a placement guide on your wall. Start by using a tape measure and pencil to indicate where the wallpaper will be placed. First, lightly mark the width of the strip on both the top and bottom of the wall. Next, use a straight edge and pencil to draw a faint line to connect these markings vertically. This should give you two straight vertical lines to guide your wallpaper strip placement.
- Measure strips of wallpaper with a tape measure and mark with pencil on the backing to match your placement guide. Cut to shape with a razor knife, adding approx. 1” to top and bottom.
- Starting at the top of your wall, align your wallpaper strips with your pencil marks. Apply by peeling the backing paper at approximately 12” intervals & pressing wallpaper against the wall from the center of roll, outward. Use a squeegee to smooth out air bubbles from the center of the wallpaper outwards as you go down the wall. Wallpaper can be repositioned as needed.
- Once applied, use a razor knife to carefully cut any excess length and around any fixtures.
- Continue to add wallpaper strips & align design to match pattern to previously applied strip.
- That's it - you're now all done! The wallpaper will remain in place until peeled off. When you're ready to remove, pull the wallpaper away from the wall gently from top to bottom.